Friday 15 November 2013

Learning Ethics!!!

Last weekend I went to an Engineering college for some work. It’s a well known college in the town as it’s been named with the local politician who is the core trustee of the institution. It’s around 3-4 Km inside from main highway. I got down on highway at college road waiting for an auto rickshaw. Finally after long wait of 45 minutes, one auto rickshaw came and was ready to go to the college. He demanded 100 Rs fare for just 2.5 km. I started arguing but gave up too early as he was saying he won’t get fare while returning so he has to charge double.

From outside it seemed to be a good college with big campus. Football ground, basketball-volleyball court, Gymkhana everything was perfect. Forgetting about the struggle I have had to reach the college, I entered the main building of the campus.

From the construction I realized that it’s not a very old college. Someone told me it started just 2-3 years back. I was getting happier while walking the corridor reading quotes written on big posters hanging on the wall.

Suddenly I stopped walking reading the lines written on one of the poster. It stated “The human brain is the most outstanding organ. It functions 24hrs 365 days, right from the time you are born until you fall in love”. I felt silent after reading those lines. How can someone put posters with such quotes in college? Hasn’t this noticed by any of the staff or trustee member? Why no one raised any concern about this? Does the admin authority that has put this poster know the meaning of the sentence? Is it really worth putting such quotes on display? How the audit team will react to this? Or will they not?

So many questions rose in my mind and I started fighting in my own thoughts. I decided to meet principal and tell him about my concern.

Though it seems funny reading above lines, school or college is not the place where you can put this. The college authority should be more concerned while sharing any content publicly as it represents their college status and such things make big impact on students mind.

Let’s teach something that will enhance their personality. Love is such a nice concept and you don’t need to stop your brains for that.


Anyways there are social networking sites for such funny messages and at least schools and colleges should not participate actively in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment